We have a new update from the Nebraska Insurance Reform Steering Committee…
The hearing date for LB 1129 has been set. It is Tuesday, February 7th at 1:30pm. The hearing will be at the State Capitol in Lincoln, NE and will be in Room 1507. PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND! It is so important that the autism community show up in support. Here’s what you need to know:
1. If you attend, WEAR RED! This helps us look unified, and there will be NO MISTAKE on who is there to support insurance for Nebraskans with Autism.
2. You don’t need to speak at the hearing or do anything. Just having people there is important. In the past, we’ve packed the room and had to move some people to an overflow room! LET’S PACK THE HOUSE!!!
3. PLEASE GET YOUR LETTERS READY!!! Write a letter to the committee members (Dear Banking and Insurance Committee, or you can address it to EACH Senator on the committee). Tell them your story, and ask they support LB 1129!!
4. ASK YOUR FRIENDS TO WRITE LETTERS TOO!! Ask at least 10 people to write letters to the committee too. This is so important! People know you and your loved one with autism, and they’ve seen us all struggle. Their voices matter too, and they can be a great advocate on your behalf!
5. SEND YOUR EMAIL/LETTERS ON FEBRUARY 6th or FEBRUARY 7th. Hit the send button on February 6th or 7th, and ask your friends to do the same. Although the letter getting to them early is better than not at all, what an impact it makes when they all come within 24 hours!! PLEASE send me a copy of your email too, and ask your friends to send me a copy as well. (You can do that now if you want). My personal email addresss is: email@example.com
6. IF YOU CAN’T ATTEND: We will HAND DELIVER your letter to YOUR Senator. Just send me that letter soon, and we will make sure someone will walk into their office, and let them know this letter is for you!!!
7. CHECK THE WEBSITE for more information: www.nebraskainsurancereform.org
8. QUESTIONS???? Let me know!
Let’s show our State Senators that we are UNITED, and we are ready for discrimination for our loved ones to END!!! THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY for us to be heard!!