We Need You! On Wednesday, November 30th at 1:30pm the Banking and Insurance Committee of the Nebraska State Legislature will be hearing testimony about Nebraska’s insurance coverage for people with autism. We want to send the message to our State Senators that we are united and it is time that insurance companies stop discriminating against people with autism and provide coverage for necessary therapies.
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND! We want to pack the room with parents, family members, neighbors. Here’s what you can do:
1. PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND! The hearing will be in the State Capitol Building at 1:30pm on Wednesday, November 30th. Most likely, the hearing will last only an hour or so.
2. WEAR RED! This is a way for the Senators to easily see who supports insurance coverage.
3. WRITE A LETTER! Please write up a short email addressed to the “Banking and Insurance Committee Members.” Tell them in your email why you believe insurance companies should cover people with autism. Tell them the impact not having coverage has had on your family. (send to email@example.com no later than Monday, November 28th) .
4. ASK YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS TO WRITE EMAILS TOO! Have them send a short email as well on your behalf. The more letters we get, the better! (send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. SEND YOUR EMAIL/LETTER to email@example.com We will print off all these letters, bring them to the hearing, and submit them during testimony. YOUR VOICE WILL BE HEARD!!!
If you cannot attend, please send the emails anyway by Monday, November 28th. If you have any questions, please contact Chrissy McNair at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kristin Flott at email@example.com. Your voice is important! This is not going to be easy, and it will take the entire community, united together, to be heard.